IMPROVE YOUR INNER AND OUTER HEALTH FOR A HAPPIER LIFE
Beauty. There are a thousand definitions of the word beauty and truly it lies in the eye of the beholder. In this technological based world that is continually progressing, the word beauty is thrown around in various different situations. When most people think of the word beauty, they think of everything that is not beautiful about them.
Beauty is to feel free, natural, and confident both physically and mentally. It more than just looking perfect every day, it is how you feel on the inside and outside that will reflect your beauty.
Small changes make a big difference and that can be as simple as whitening your teeth, getting a facial, or waxing to more specialized services such as TMJ surgery or varicose vein removal. Many would argue that you should feel beautiful just the way you are, however, some improvements can be life changing for people in regard to their health.
Your face is the first place someone looks when meeting you for the first time. Taking off that layer of dead skin cells or doing a simple teeth whitening can do wonders for making you look your best. You should want to smile and take pictures with confidence, documenting memories, not shying away or deleting them.
Getting a facial is more than just pampering, as it can provide benefits of looking younger, cleansing out your pores, and restoring that glow to look and feel better.
Summer is that time when you bare more skin with shorts and swimsuits, exposing many parts you may be embarrassed to show. Varicose veins can be unattractive but also painful. Advances in technology can help to remove the embarrassment, pain, and leave you looking more youthful. As for that annoying unwanted hair on your legs, armpits, or even bikini line, all can be fixed painlessly with waxing and have you walking with confidence this summer.
The Hilton Head Island and Bluffton area has an abundance of facilities with highly trained professionals to get you back to that level of confidence through feeling and looking beautiful. With all kinds of specialized services, what you are looking for is in the area, and who wouldn’t want to strut their new confidence on the beach. Stop standing in the shadows unknowledgeable and learn to find that confident beauty that could change your life.
On the following pages are just a few examples of before and after of beauty treatments, allowing people to reach new levels of confidence.
Tips for looking your best this summer
• Whether it is a cloudy day or clear skies, you should always wear sunscreen to protect your skin. Many foundations now have SPF in them; however, do not rely solely on that, especially if you are spending lots of time outside.
• As if you need another reason not to smoke, smoking can make your skin age faster as the blood vessels in the skin tighten, which reduces the amount of oxygen and nutrients to skin cells and causes wrinkles.
• Drinking alcohol dehydrates your body and if you do not replenish it with water or another non-alcoholic drink, it can leave your skin looking old and tired.
• Make sure to wash your face daily — if not twice a day, depending on your skin type — to remove any dirt and bacteria in your pores and leave your skin more refreshed.
• Not removing your make-up before bed can cause damage to your skin as it clogs your pores, and not washing your face daily means the dead skin cells remain on your face.
• Many people only think to moisturize their skin in the wintertime or when the skin is noticeably dry. But in the summer your skin dries out from the sun just as much as it does from the cold air in the winter, so be sure to moisturize year-round.
• Sleep is essential for healthy skin. Not getting enough sleep — or not getting quality sleep — will make your skin look tired and older, especially with those bags under your eyes.
• Physical exercise is essential to your overall health. Becoming more active can help reduce stress levels and creates a healthy tiredness that helps you get to sleep and stay asleep.
• Make sure to spend time regularly checking your skin for any signs of abnormities. Having the doctor check something out sooner than later can make a big difference on your overall health.
• It goes without saying that drinking lots of water will keep you looking healthy, as your body doesn’t have to pick and choose which organs to give the water to. Adults should drink at least two liters per day.
• Eat a healthy diet and don’t skip meals. Regular, healthy meals helps with weight loss, ensures a restful sleep, can lower stress and improve your overall health. When you skip a meal, your blood sugar levels drop, making you feel tired and sluggish. Without the needed calories, your system moves into starvation mode to conserve energy. Your metabolism slows so that the food that you do eat is not burned off and instead stored. Your metabolism will stay slowed until you return to normal calorie consumption, because it doesn’t know when its next supply of calories will be. A poor diet affects your brain as well and you’ll notice you’re not able to stay focused or remember information. Adopt a healthy lifestyle and make smart food decisions, which will help you lose weight in the long run alongside daily exercise.